Strengthening Health Outcomes for Women and Children (SHOW)
PROJECT: Strengthening Health Outcomes for Women and Children (SHOW)
DONOR: Global Affairs International)/Plan International Ghana – Volta
REGION: Adaklu, Afadzato
TIMELINE: October 2016 – September 2019
Contribute to the reduction of maternal and child mortality in 3 targeted regions in Ghana: Volta, Eastern, Northern.
Malaria, Maternal Neonatal and Child Health, Nutrition, Adolescent Sexual Health and rights(ASHR), Family Planning, Water & Sanitation.
- Community mobilization and sensitization
- Community systems strengthening – Capacity building programmes targeting community members
- Social and Behaviour Change Communication (SBCC) – drama, media campaigns, IE&C materials etc.
- Promotion of Village Savings and Loans Associations (VSLA) among community groups
- Knowledge management – documentation and sharing of best practices
- Trained 240(120m/120f) Community leaders on MNCH/ASHR, GE, including the importance of data collection etc.
- 1200 Community groups’ oriented to develop and perform drama on key MNCH and GE issues
- 230 TBAs/Wanzams/Spiritualists and Herbalists oriented on MNCH and gender issues.
- Formed VSLA groups in all communities with 5060 participants.
- Organized radio panel discussions with 89 participants from beneficiary communities as resource persons and community broadcast sessions on MNCH and gender issues reaching over 10,000 community members.
- Sensitized and oriented over 200 vehicle owners and drivers on MNCH issues.