HIV and AIDs Prevention Targeting Key and Vulnerable Population Along the Abidjan Lagos Corridor
PROJECT: HIV and AIDs Prevention Targeting Key and Vulnerable Population Along the Abidjan Lagos Corridor
DONORS: Global NFM I/Abidjan Lagos Corridor(ALCO)
REGION: Aflao to Sogakope and Half Asini to Elubo
TIMELINE: March 2017 – December 2018
To Reduce new HIV infections by 30% among FSWs; reduce stigma, discrimination and violence against key populations(FSW); reduce by 50% the number of deaths due to AIDS among target populations along the Abidjan-Lagos Corridor; Strengthen governance, coordination, leadership and the Monitoring & Evaluation in addition to member countries’ national response and ECOWAS regional response.
- Recruited and trained 40 FSWs as PEs in the Ketu South Municipality (Aflao) and Jomoro District (Elubo) out of which (30), 15 from each site are promoting HIV prevention programmes among KPs.
- Reached 5,040 KPs (FSWs, Non-pps) with BCC messages on HIV/ STI/ CDS/ LUBS /HTS /Human rights/SGBV in the contest of HIV and AIDs.
- Conducted 4 Mass Sensitizations and reached 146 KPs in Aflao and 104 KPs in Elubo.
- Provided HIV Testing services for 5483 KPs who have received their test results.
- Linked KPLHIVs to PPAG to be enrolled, monitored and retained on treatment.
- 790 KPs screened and treated of STIs by Health Service Providers in Elubo and Aflao.
- Conducted condom demonstration sessions and distributed 155,328 Male condoms, 13,174 female condoms and 127,625 lubricants to KPs (FSW, Non-pps)